Monday, January 30, 2012

Bookprint

I was on the Scholatstic Books website the other day looking through the books flyers online to place an order and stumbled across something wonderful in so many ways. It is called a BookPrint - what you do is visit You are What You Read create a profile and make a BookPrint which consists of 5 books that really influenced you. Once you create yours Scholastic will donate a book to Reach Out and Read - they are hoping to have 1 million BookPrints created resulting in 1 million Donated Books - so please take a minute and create one today.

Another awesome feature about the website is a "Pass It On" Feature. We all buy tons of books and read them once. They end up in piles in our homes, in the yard sale pile or donated to goodwill. Pass it on allows you to find the book that you have finished reading, click on pass it on print out a little sheet of paper to fill out what you liked about the book and then they tell you to just leave it somewhere for someone to find. Also on the paper it tells you when you receive a book to go to the website and post that you received a book. They have a map for each book showing where the book has been. I've decided this is going to be my new "thing" so you will see me post about books I've read and where I've left them and we will see how it goes.

Until then go make a BookPrint

 - Samantha -

1 comment:

  1. I'm currently reading the 13 book Cedar Cove series by Debbie Macomber LOL of course I can't pass them on cause they are on loan from the library but I do need to start reading through the multitudes of books on my shelf and maybe send some of them on their way :)

    ReplyDelete