Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pins in Action: Yellow and Blue Make Green

So I saw a pin recently that I thought was a pretty neat little mini science experiment to do with Anya. They took three glasses, two with water and one empty. Yellow food coloring in one, Blue Food coloring in the other and all three glasses lined up in a row with the empty one in the middle. You then use a papertowel folded up to make a kind of bridge then went from the glasses with the food coloring into the empty one....and eventually the water goes up the papertowels and into the empty glass making green water.

So I decided one night while I was busy doing a million things to set this up for Anya to watch and see. At first she could care less - she thought the colors of the water were cool but didn't care much about it. I left it on the table with hopes that she would get excited about it and low and behold she did. As the water slowly crept up each paper towel I would hear her excited screams from the dining room Mama come look, Mama come look. She thought it was really cool when the water finally made it into the empty glass and made some green water.

I will say this experiment took a lot longer than I was expecting - but it was worth it in the end.

Our glasses set and ready to go


The color starting to move up with the papertowel bridge



 The blue made it first!


Green Water - the blue was moving faster than the yellow so it's closer to Blue but you could see the green better in person!


Until Next Time -
Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment