Thursday, February 9, 2012

Who knew Exercise Could be FUN?

As a wife, mother of two small children, full time worker bee out in the world, and a home to take care of along with a million other tasks I find it almost impossible to get any exercise into my day, although I know I desperately need to do it. I've decided I would start conquering this feat literally one minute at a time - my phone has a stopwatch feature on it so whenever I am tired of sitting and feeling like I need a brain break I hop up out of my chair, start the stopwatch and walk/jog in place or do something like jumping jacks to get the blood flowing. When I've had enough I hit stop, come over to the computer and log whatever exercise I did into the my fitness pal webiste, which I highly recommend it's awesome and FREE check it out http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

Last night however I decided I was going to make a big time commitment and do some serious exercise. I helped hubby get the kids cleaned and in their pajamas and all settled in on the couch with their books and toys got changed into my workout clothes and went to Zumba with a neighbor. Who knew you could have that much fun all while exercising? I had a great time, sweat like I haven't sweat in a long time, burned a ton of calories and met some great people. The class was 45 minutes and the class isn't too far away so my plan is to incorporate this into my week at least once each week and continue to do my walk/jog in place the rest of the days.

My weight is moving slowly in the downward direction - but after last night I feel newly energized and ready to go so I'm hoping for a little bit of a bigger number next week. Stay tuned

SW: 212   CW: 204.4  GW: 150


Until next time
-Samantha-

No comments:

Post a Comment