Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Moving On

I started my walk with Christ 3 years ago - I was a new mom and was reading Dave Ramsey's book Total Money Makeover, my hope was to get our family financially fit by using his advice but it turns out that we got a whole lot more than that. In the he references religion, tithing and other things and it started me on my path to thinking that we not only needed to have a better financial plan to care for our daughter but we actually needed to have a spiritual plan. I talked to my husband about it and we started our search for a church. No matter what way I searched or where I searched I always kept coming back to one church, Hope Community Church, so we decided to plan a visit. Our first week there Pastor Mike was talking about finances and I sat there and chuckled to myself since finances was what made me start thinking about church in the first place. I knew right then and there that it was where I belonged.

Almost 3 years have gone by and up until about a month ago we were still attending Hope. Over the course of our time there I took part in Women's Bible Study, Parent Summits, Volunteering and even started our own small group that we hold in our home. Our kids have attended the children's programs and for the most part loved them. But things have started to change in my mind and my heart. I LOVE Hope and all of the things they have to offer, but it's over 20 miles each way which makes it a little bit hard to be as active as we would like. The sheer size of the church has made it difficult to really find our spot and to get to know people. Our daughter has also come to a point where she is intimidated by the size of the children's class she was attending so I got to thinking maybe it was time for a change.

Driving around town here in Knightdale I've noticed signs for Cross Point Community Church - I've seen banners for events that I was interested in so I already knew they did things that interested me and where I am right now in my walk. So I looked them up online.....only to find out that they meet in a high school. For some reason the thought of a church in a high school just seemed strange to me so I kept pushing it aside - but then I thought to myself....well that is how Hope started out and we decided to give it a try, and I'm glad that we did. Our daughter LOVES her new classroom and no longer cries when we drop her off and instead turns back, waves and smiles and off she goes. The Pastor is great as well and speaks in terms that you can easily relate to and apply to your life. We are now attending church right here in the community that we live and can now easily serve in our community as well. And even more exciting is we can now help this church grow, help implement programs to help our community and just be a part of something wonderful.

So I've made a vow to myself that each week when we go that I will introduce myself to one new person and really make the effort to make Cross Point home and to really make the church a part of my life. I'm excited about this new direction that God is pointing me and my family in and can't wait to see what happens next!

Until next time-
Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment