Wednesday, July 18, 2012

When God Sends A Message....

My family and I recently changed churches - we left what would probably be considered a mega-church with 4 jam packed services a weekend and are now attending a small church with a congregation of around 300 people! It is a dramatic change to say the least - but in a good way. Our daughter is now so excited to go to church and play with her friends. No more tears when it's time to drop her off, instead all smiles and a wave goodbye as she heads off to play with her friends and to learn about Jesus. Our son is a different story but that is because he is 14 months old and going through separation anxiety!

After our first week of attending services at Cross Point I started having random dreams and thoughts and trouble falling asleep. All I could think about was the church and what could I do to get involved. I had all kinds of thoughts filling my head of ways that I could help and get involved and help the church make an impact here in Knightdale on the citizens of the town we live in. I emailed our Pastor and let him know that I really wanted to get involved and that I believed that God wanted me in that church. He graciously forwarded along my email to the person in charge of missions and outreach that way we could figure out where I fit in. A week or so has gone by and I honestly haven't thought that much about it - the person I was waiting to hear from was on a youth group trip, he is also the head of youth ministries, so it slipped to the back of my mind....until today!

Dave called this morning and we talked very briefly in between his meetings. He asked me to share my heart and experiences with him and I did. He was very excited to talk to me and he shared something that confirmed to me that God truly was sending me a message. He informed me that one of the other folks that does a lot with the Missions and Local Outreach recently left for an 11 month mission and that they had been praying to find someone to fill the gap, and then he received my email. It is truly amazing how God works and I am overjoyed that there is a place for me to jump right in and serve.

Right now I don't know all of the details, what I will be doing or how I will be involved but I know that I will be and I know Cross Point is where I belong. I'm excited about my upcoming meeting with Dave to get to know each other better and to find out more about the church and what I can do - because let me tell you - saying I'm ready to jump in with both feet is an under statement.

If you live in the Knightdale area and are looking for a church or just want to try somewhere new, stop in to Cross Point Community Church on Sundays at 10 am.

Until Next Time -
Samantha

1 comment:

  1. Awesomeness! God is so good :) It's amazing when you can actually experience him working in your life. So thankful that you are a new woman in Christ, I prayed for so long that you would see the need for Jesus in your life and am so thankful that you took that step of faith to bring him in. Love you sis! Can't wait to hear all about what you will be doing at Cross Point.

    ReplyDelete