Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pins in Action: Butterfly Footprints

So I saw a Pin that I thought was a great idea for a gift for Mother's Day. We had a lot going on here around that timeframe - it was right around when we were working on all of the paperwork for buying the new house, but I didn't want to not do it. So I believe it was actually on Mother's Day, Andre and I took the kids out to the kitchen with 6 blank canvases and washable finger paint to begin our adventure. And I must say it was very quick and easy.

Here's what we did. First I drew the body of the butterfly on each canvas, we were making a set for myself, my step-mom and mother-in-law. Then we let Anya pick the colors that we would use for each of them. She sat in a chair and we put the paint on a paper plate - dabbed her foot in the plate and then pressed it onto each of the canvas. Then repeated for the other foot. For Avery we did the same thing only Andre held him instead of us trying to sit him down.

I think they came out great - what do you think? Everyone LOVED them!




Until Next Time -
Samantha

1 comment:

  1. they did come out cute and I remember seeing something like that on Pinterest. They actually had lots of footprint and hand print ideas for all occasions. I think gifts like these are far better than anything one could buy in a store :)

    ReplyDelete