Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Big Step - Baptism

May 19th was an amazing day - it was the day I decided I was going to sit in a tub of water in front of the entire congregation at Cross Point Community Church in Knightdale and be Baptized.

In the weeks leading up to the big day I had to go and video my testimony so they could play it the day of my Baptism. I was quite nervous sitting in front of the camera sharing my story but thanks to a good friend who prayed for me before I started and another good friend behind the camera I made it through ok.

It was quite crazy sitting in that tub in front of the whole church while they sat watching my video - but it all went by quite quickly. The front row was filled with my family and friends and I could hear them cheering for me as I went under the water.

It was an amazing experience and more importantly a life changing experience. I'm not perfect by any stretch but now as an adult I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior and I'm going to make a conscious decision to live my life everyday showing the people around me the love of Jesus through my love for them. I'm going to make a conscious choice to bring Jesus into our home everyday and to teach our children all about the love of Jesus, His Grace and His Mercy. I'm looking forward to all that Jesus has in store for me as I start on this new journey.




Until Next Time -
Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment