Friday, March 9, 2012

Finally Doing It

I started my walk with Christ just in the past few years and since then I have wanted to read my Bible and actually learn and understand God's word. Now for anyone that has done this or that has wanted to do this I'm sure you know that it is no easy task and can be quite intimidating.

Our church has recently been offerring Bible Study classes on different books of the Bible, but with our work schedules and nightly schedules to get everyone ready for the next day it just hasn't been feasible for me to attend the classes. In the beginning of March they started a Bible Study on the Book of James and yet again the time conflicted with my schedule - but this time I decided not to let it stop me. Instead of moping around because I couldn't participate I decided I would take on the task myself. I went to the Christian store and purchased a Self-Guided Bible Study book and started it just the other day. I figure that a Bible Study was the best approach to actually learn God's word and figure out ways to apply my new wisdom to my life.

I just completed the first session of the study last night and I feel great about it. The book really helps breakdown the scriptures so that you understand it and asks lots of questions about things you can think of from your own life where what you read would apply so it is truly helping me achieve my goal of both reading AND understanding the Bible.

I'm so excited to have FINALLY started this journey and I'm really looking forward to working my way through all of the books of the Bible.

If you'd like to join me for this study or future studies let me know I would love to share this journey with you. Below is the book I am using for the study.



Until next time
-Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment