Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Morning with God

Tuesday morning was like any other morning - got up a little bit late, got the kids dressed and ready for daycare and preschool, got them fed and checked their bags. Out the door we went to a day that was semi-sunny in one part of the sky and kind of a dark grey on the other side with a light rain falling. As we pulled out of our development we looked ahead and saw the most beautiful rainbow I've seen in a long time. I wish I had my regular camera with me but all I had was my phone with me - so the picture really does no justice to what we saw with our naked eyes. The sky was somehow creating a reflection of the rainbow in the sky right behind it which you can see very faintly in the picture. It follows right along the rainbow but the colors are going in the opposite order - Amazing! So on our journey I took the opportunity to talk with Sunshine and ask her if she remembered where rainbows come from. She immediately answered with God which made me smile. She couldn't remember exactly why so we talked about Noah's Ark and how the rainbow was a sign of God's Promise to never flood the earth again. So we watched the rainbow all the way to daycare where we dropped off her brother - she was so excited about it.


On our way to preschool we talked a little more about the rainbow and thanked God for showing us one that morning and then we heard a song that she loves to sing on our local Christian Radio Station - so as we drove down the road with the windows down I could see her little head bobbing up and down singing "My God Is Not Dead He's Surely Alive He's Living on the Inside Roaring Like a Lion" nothing better than doing a little morning worshipping with your daughter on the way to preschool to start your day!


Verse:
Let love explode and bring the dead to life
A love so bold
To see a revolution somehow.
Let love explode and bring the dead to life
A love so bold
To bring a revolution somehow

Pre- chorus
Now I'm lost in your freedom
                                                                 This world I'll overcome.
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/david-crowder-band-like-a-lion-lyrics.html ]
Chorus:
My God is not dead
He's surely alive
He's living on the inside
Roaring like a lion

Verse 2:
Let hope arise and make the darkness hide
My faith is dead
I need a resurrection somehow

Bridge:
Let Heaven roar and fire fall
Come shake the ground
With the sound of revival


Until Next Time -
Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment