Monday, March 19, 2012

Pass It On: Hunger Games

I was recently looking for a new book to read and honestly didn't have a clue on what to pick up next. The last book I read was more along the lines of a life and changing your ways book so I wanted something a bit lighter. I decided that I would just take a look at the best sellers list online and stumbled across The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and decided to pick it up.

The first time I picked up the book to read it I read a few pages and really wasn't interested. There was some hunting going on and a few little other things and it really didn't catch me. So I put the book down and it was probably a week and a half later or even more before I picked it up again. I was going to my daughter down for bed and decided I would do a little reading while I waited for her to fall asleep, so I decided I would go back to the book. Well once I got past the first few pages it became a page turner. I kept telling myself that at the end of this chapter I would stop reading and go to bed and the next thing I knew it was well past 10 pm and I had read half of the book!

It took me I think 2 more nights to finish reading the book and it was really amazing - I'm contimplating whether or not to go and see the movie or not. I'm ALWAYS disappointed in the movies but at the same time I recently found out that the bulk of it was filmed right here in NC which makes it even more interesting to go and see on the big screen. We shall see if I break down and go or not.

This book was great and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone and everyone! I hope that the person that receives it in my "pass it on" enjoys it as much as I did! - Now I'm moving onto Catching Fire and can only imagine what the second book in the trilogy will be like!

Pass It On Details:
I passed this book on 03/22/2012 Knightdale, NC

For more information on Pass It On visit http://www.youarewhatyouread.com/
Have you read this book? Let us know what you thought about it

Until next time
-Samantha-

No comments:

Post a Comment