Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Never a Dull Moment

So this past weekend we had a big plan of productivity to get us going in the right direction for our upcoming move in September. Saturday was going to be painting the downstairs living room, dining room and kitchen and Sunday was going to be church and getting ready for the consignment sale (details on these things to follow in an upcoming post). Well part of those plans quickly went by the way side.

The painting is done - it was a wonderful 100 degree day. I noticed that our air conditioner was having a hard time keeping up but didn't think much of it considering we had the curtains down for a good part of the day and the fact that it was so hot outside. Before bed I dropped down the temperature like I always do - the downstairs quickly went to a nice 73 degrees but it was a little warmer upstairs, again I figured it was just because it had been so hot the past few days. In the middle of the night Avery set off the movement alarm on his monitor so I quickly ran across the loft to find him asleep at the bottom of his crib. Moved him back where he was and realized it wasn't very cool in the house. Looked at the thermostat and it was still 76 even though I had lowered it at least 6 hours before......I knew we were in trouble.

I run hot and well both kids took the trait on so I knew it wouldn't be a fun day. So off to church we went came home and packed up the kids and the car and off to a hotel we went. They recently built a new Courtyard Marriott a few miles down the road so we figured that would be our best bet. We headed over and quickly unpacked had some lunch and relaxed in the much cooler air. Anya enjoyed the pool with Andre while Avery and I hung out in the room and I did some work since they had free wireless in the room. I must say if you have any family coming into the Raleigh area or if you are coming yourself that it is a great hotel. It was really nice inside complete with an indoor pool, small fitness center and business area. We stayed the night and got ourselves packed up in the morning to head back home and to drop the kids off at school.




Unfortunately the soonest the company taking care of us could get out to us was a full 24 hours away so we ended up a whole day in the nasty heat indoors. Luckily though we have a little kiddie pool and were able to let the kids cool off in that for a while to help get them through the day.

By the time night came it was 90 degrees in the house - which I'm sure you can imagine didn't bring happy sleeping conditions. After a very long and restless night morning came, scooted Avery off to school and Anya sat on the couch watching Handy Manny, oh I forgot to mention in the midst of all the chaos she came down with a fever and was burning up in the night on top of it already being hot!!! So with our fans going at full blast she watched tv and I did my best to work - although the heat sure does make it hard to think!!! Around 9:30 am things finally took a turn for the better and the serviceman showed up and fixed the air conditioner in less than a half an hour. The house is still hot but we are finally almost out of the 80's!! Looks like I finally might get some much needed sleep tonight!

Until Next Time -
Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment